After a few great weeks in Spain we are back in France. Though our time in Spain and Portugal was wonderful, we are infinitely more comfortable here. I can't really describe it, it definitely goes beyond the language issue, we feel more at home here.
Before coming back to France we spent a day with an old friend from Smithers who is living in Barcelona. She gave me an amazing insider tour of the city and I was blown away not only by how knowledgeable she is about her new city, but also at how having the details and history of a place explained to you really helps you feel connected to where you are. It was a really wonderful day.
After leaving Barcelona, we have been in Aix-en-Provence, taking a few days to explore the Provence region. Yesterday was La Fête de la Musique and we spent the day wandering around the town listening to music ranging from crazy trance rave tunes to a cute french girl with an accordion and a whole one-woman-show routine. It was busy and noisy and wonderful.
Tomorrow we are headed to Vaison-la-Romaine (a town I spent a few weeks in a few years ago) for market day. There is very little in life that makes me happier than an outdoor market in a a picturesque Provençal town. I am a very lucky girl and Jeremy is very patient with me, and is quite skillful at talking me down from my impulse purchases, which usually sound a lot like "But I NEED that table cloth (scarf, pottery bowl etc)".
A few more days in France, then we head to Italy.
We are happy. Sending lots of love and Provençal sunshine to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paris holds the key to your heart! Miss you tons, have fun in Italy!!
ReplyDelete